- A nationwide stay of Trump’s travel ban was upheld Thursday by a panel of three federal judges, effectively blocking the enforcement of Trump’s ban on immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries as well as refugees from all over the world.
- The stay does not mean Trump’s travel ban is unconstitutional. Instead, it simply prohibits the ban’s enforcement until the courts determine the legality of Trump’s executive order. Read more (2/9/17 6:30 PM)
- Since Trump’s victory, Hillary Clinton has mostly kept her opinions private. But after tonight’s decision she tweeted the following:
- “3-0″ marks the unanimous opinion of the three federal judges.
- Clinton’s simple message of support stood in stark contrast to Trump’s own reaction to the news.
- Twitter users didn’t hesitate to point out the irony of Trump’s message: After all, he had, in essence, just been in court. And lost.
- Read more (2/9/17 9 PM)
That last tweet tho